Actions and Detail Panel
SafeTALK Suicide Alert Helper
Tue. 25 October 2016, 11:30 am – 3:30 pm AEDT
safeTALK is a FREE half-day alertness workshop that prepares anyone, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. safeTALK workshop features:
* Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
* Access to support from a local community resource person
* Powerful audiovisual learning aids
* The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
* Hands-on skills practice and development
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
RSVP essential. Book early as spots limited!
This workshop is coordianted by members of the Inner West Tenant Group with the support of Rozelle Neighbourhood Centre and Inner West Council.