6th annual Fun Run in the heart of the Grampians National Park supporting tourism, community, good health and fitness. Run the Gap is fun for family, friends and is open to all ages. All proceeds go to community project to enhance walk bike / walk paths. Plus $1 from each registration is donated to the "Grampians Trails Support Group" assisting to maintain the Grampians National Park trails.
Race Number Pick Up (if pre-registered): Will be available at the Halls Gap Centenary Hall from 4:00pm to 5:30pm on the Saturday and again at 7:00am on event day. Simply line up in the queue that indicates the first letter of your surname. Note: race numbers will not be mailed out.
Assembly Area: Is located at the Halls Gap Parklands, opposite the Visitor Information Centre.
Start Line: Is located on School Road opposite the Halls Gap Parklands, just before Halls Gap Caravan Park.
Finish Line: Is located at the Assembly Area, at Halls Gap Parklands.
To Change Distances: Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Allow 24 hours for a reply. You can also change your distance on collection of your race pack on Saturday from 4:00pm to 5:30pm and on the day from 7:00am.
Results: Will be posted online by 6:00pm on Sunday 21st May.
Participant Clothing: If you wish to drop off a bag or clothing whilst participating in the event, you may do so at the marquee marked Clothing Drop Off in the Parkland. Simply attach your clothing tear off from your event race bib. Please do not leave any valuables (RTG will not be liable for the replacement of any personal possessions lost or damaged).
Lost Property: Will be located at the Clothing Drop Off Marquee
Public Toilets: Are located directly opposite the Halls Gap Centenary Hall in the parklands.
Running Etiquette: keep to the left if walking or slower than other runners.
Note: There will also be general public (pedestrians and bike riders) using the course, so please be aware you are sharing the path and trails with others.
Traffic Management: Will be in place along the course.
Drink Stations: Will be located every 2-3km on course and at the Assembly Area plus Finish Line.
Presentations: The first three males and first three females in the 21km, 12km and 6km runs will be presented with their medals on the morning at the Assembly Area. Placegetters will be awarded based on gun time and it is the responsibility of the participant to position themselves closest to the start line, should they believe they have a chance of placing in the event.
Mini Run The Gap "For the Little Ones": is for the younger members of the family who are too little to register for the big run or walk. Youngsters can participate in the Mini Run The Gap Circuit in the parkland just for fun after the main event, but prior to presentations to event placegetters. Entry is on the day via a gold coin donation and a participation medal will be awarded to all competitors. Start time is 9:45am
Medical Assistance: A First Aid officer will be in attendance in the assembly area. If you have any medical issues, please advise one of the course marshals or drink station attendants.
Recommendations: a) Seek medical advice to ensure that you are fit to compete and this advice is obtained regularly and with the specific demands of this event in mind, and: b) Take appropriate steps to ensure that you are hydrated prior to, and during, the event.
Safety: No dogs, bicycles, scooters, or rollerblades are permitted. Jogger strollers are allowed, however they should keep to the left of the course and at the back of the group. Please keep to the left of the path to allow other runners to pass. You will be using public paths and trails, so please be mindful of other people not in the event.
Contingency: In the interest of participant safety, RTG reserves the right to alter the course without notice.
- Obey all Parks Victoria rules when in the Parks.
- The event will not proceed if there is a storm expected.
- Leaving the Course. Entrants who leave the course during the event eg. for toilet stop, getting lost or meeting up with support people; must re-enter the course at the point they left the course. Lost entrants may use any legal method to get back to the course, but must re-enter where they left and resume running from that point.
- Withdrawing from the race. Any entrant withdrawing from the race must notify race officials that they have done so.
- Obey the direction of Race Officials and Volunteers. Entrants ignoring marshals at road crossings will be immediately disqualified.
- Be courteous to all you encounter on the course. This includes all staff, volunteers, traffic controllers and other users of the trail.
- Entrants must help fellow runners in distress
- Entrants must not leave rubbish on the course. Carry it with you to the next aid station and deposit it there if there is a bin. Otherwise; carry it in - carry it out.
- No I-pods, MP3 players etc. to be used. There are too many single track sections, some road crossings and other runners to be aware of.
- If you are even mildly asthmatic then a puffer is mandatory equipment.
Rubbish:We are fortunate to be allowed access to the trail to run our event, so please make sure you leave no trace of having been there. Take all rubbish with you or risk disqualification.
Save This Event
When & Where
Run the Gap Event Management
To contact the Run The Gap organising team; email email@example.com;
or call 0475862995