San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Brand X cordially invites you to join us for the DREAM BIG TWT Block Party at the TWT Creative Precinct on Atchison St, St Leonards on Friday March 20 from 6pm.
Following the success of last year's event which saw over 1000 locals celebrate the official opening of the precinct, join us for an evening of exploring, interacting, surprise and creativity - with music, live art, food, film and fun that will bring this once sleepy street in St Leonard's to life as a hub of activity.
8 new artist-run initiatives have taken up residence on Atchison Street transforming underutilised buildings into art galleries, creative retail and workspace for artists. On March 20, each venue will be offering their own taste of creative hospitality.
- OFFICIAL OPENING by the Mayor of North Sydney, Jilly Gibson
- The unveiling of JODEE KNOWLES' new mural in Atchison Lane
- BHENJI RA vogueing workshop and live dance battle @ TWT REHEARSAL SPACE
- ANITA DOOCHE & BETTY GRUMBLE performance @ our new underground DIVE BAR
- DROPBEAR open theatre rehearsals @ TWT REHEARSAL SPACE
- LANEWAY LEARNING face and body painting workshops
- Preview of our new LANEWAY CINEMA
- SHARED BOUNDARIES exhibition by Sofia Lo Bianco
- LETTERPRESS demonstrations by Tanja Binggeli
- CAMERA OBSCURA @ contact sheet
- THE BIKE WHISPERER @ Cicli Spirito
- WATER exhibition @ T1 Art Terminal and me artspace
- PANORAMA exhibition and live mural by CHRIS YEE @ kind of – gallery
- Live Loop da Loop by Danielle Lamb @ BSIDESOUND
- Wishing Tree @ PLATFORM72
- LIVE MUSIC @ The Jazz Workshop
And much much more…
An authentic BLOCK PARTY experience that showcases the creative talents which exist in our new precinct in the Lower North Shore – our new community.
A major new arts undertaking, the TWT Creative Precinct is an exciting, vibrant new initiative which involves the conversion of a number of commercial buildings on Atchison Street into art galleries, creative retail and space for artists. This opportunity has been made possible through our new relationship with Auswin TWT Developments.
Date: Friday March 20
Time: 6pm for 6.30pm ceremony (event continues until 9pm)
Location: 62 Atchison St, St Leonards (ceremony to occur in Atchison Lane)
We hope you can join us for this exciting cultural celebration, part of The Sydney Morning Herald Spectrum Now Festival presented by ANZ.
When & Where
TWT Creative Precinct by Brand X
A major new arts undertaking, the TWT Creative Precinct is an exciting, vibrant initiative which involves the conversion of a number of empty commercial buildings between Atchison Street and Chandos Street to be used as creative space, curated by Brand X.
Brand X is a non-profit arts organisation run by artists for artists, whose primary concern is repurposing underutilised space so artists can practice their craft.