FREE TRAINING FOR MANAGERS/STAFF of CHSP & Disability Funded Services
This FREE and practical workshop equips participants with an in-depth understanding of preventative approaches to violence and abuse, assisting them to recognise where workplace cultures can impede best practice responses to sexual and other types of assault. Providing comprehensive strategies for addressing these issues, this training takes participants through their obligations and equips them with a toolkit of strategies they can use to support victims of sexual assault as well as decrease vulnerability through capacity-building.
- An understanding of sexual assault in the disabled community
- Information on how to respond appropriately and supportively to cases of sexual assault including services available, legislation and the rights of persons with intellectual disability.
- How to recognise the indicators and effects of sexual assault and offender behaviour
- Exploration of attitudes and concerns which impact upon people with intellectual disability who may have been victimised sexually
- Best practise ways of responding to disclosures within a casework framework
Who should participate?
Coordinators, managers and direct service staff/volunteers working in Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) / Disability funded services are highly encouraged to attend.
About the facilitators
Mel Harrison training officer at PWD.
When & Where
The Junction Neighbourhood Centre
VAST Training Services specialises in the delivery of Learning and Development opportunities for Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and disability funded services' staff, managers, board members and volunteers across Eastern Sydney and City of Sydney.
We provide face to face courses, managers' breakfasts, volunteer training, customised training opportunities, including, "Tailored for Tomorrow" and new 90min Turbo Training workshops!