Refurbishment that lasts
A not to be missed workshop for owners of any tourism or hospitality business with public area space.
Marina Oakley will share strategies and tips from her 20 years’ experience in project managing the refurbishment of Federal Group properties in Tasmania.
The workshop will help participants learn how to identify inconsistencies in presentation, plan for maintenance or refurbishment through regular inspections, and keep public area spaces representing their business appropriately over a longer period.
Through the mentoring of owners, managers and staff the warning signs of presentation deterioration can be recognised and dealt with quickly before becoming larger and more expensive to resolve.
The workshop aims to:
- Assist those with newly refurbished properties as well as those that may need some attention put a plan in place to improve its longevity.
- Bring understanding of what appropriate standards are and what they apply to.
- Encourage businesses to assign responsibility for identifying and acting on presentation maintenance on an ongoing basis.
- Tips on mentoring staff to recognise variances.
- Discuss the cost savings associated with maintaining a public area and how to budget appropriately.
- Show how to forecast and plan for maintenance with minimal disruption.
- This event is open only to those businesses currently Tourism Accredited or in the process of becoming accredited with TICT.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided
- There are minimum and maximum numbers set for this event. If there are not enough bookings the event will be cancelled and a refund will be provided.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations or nonattendance.