Do you work with new arrivals? Are you interested in practical information to help your clients navigate the legal system? This free legal information session is for you.
What’s the law? Helping new migrants navigate the legal system
The Legal Services Commission will be holding a free Refugee Week seminar on Wednesday 17th June 2015 from 12:30pm to 1:30pm You can attend in person at the Legal Services Commission or via web conference from your desk.
Bookings are essential for either event. Places are limited, so please book via www.lscsa2015.eventbrite.com.au
Note: This session is recommended for professional case workers and volunteers supporting new arrivals and asylum seekers in the community.
The presenter will be Kate Muslera who is a Legal Education Officer with the Legal Services Commission and coordinates the Migrant Information & Legal Education (MILE) Program.
Common legal issues, getting legal help and using legal information resources to assist clients will be covered.
For more information about this session or the 2015 FLIS education sessions call the Commission on 8111 5593.
On-site training sessions are also available from the Commission's community legal education unit. Visit our website via www.lsc.sa.gov.au
A Refugee Week Event by the Legal Services Commission of South Australia
When & Where
Legal Services Commission of South Australia
The Legal Services Commission provides a range of legal services to members of the public:
- legal representation to people eligible under criteria set by the Commission in accordance with Section 10(2) of the Act.
- free legal advice and minor legal assistance
- a free duty solicitor service
- a range of online resources and printed publications explaining the law in simple, easy to understand terms
- the Law Handbook Online at www.lsc.sa.gov.au provides plain english language legal information
- an extensive range of legal education programs, many free of charge.