Register for a FREE training session that will provide you with the credentials and skills to volunteer with the Red Cross in national disaster relief efforts!
- When: Thurs 26th May - 10.00am - 3.00pm (3pm finish is approximate and may go longer)
- Where: TBC at Flinders Beford Park Campus
- Cost: FREE for Red Cross members OR sign up on the day for only $5
- Note: Registration essential! (strictly limited to 20 places)
What is Emergency Services Training?
- When a disaster arises Red Cross is often the first on the ground to assist those immediately affected.
- The method of support used by Red Cross volunteers in disaster relief efforts is called ‘Psychological First Aid’ (PFA).
- PFA is an approach used to help people affected by an emergency, disaster or trauma. Red Cross volunteers often work with people who have lost loved ones or their homes.
- Unlike normal first aid, PFA training equips you with skills to assist people following traumatic events, such as how to help people feel safe, how to access social support and how to reduce distress.
- the course covers:
Understanding the research behind PFA
Psychological first aid action principles
Helping responsibly, and
Why take part?
- You will be offered the opportunity to volunteer for Red Cross in disaster relief efforts in South Australia and interstate.
- Accredited training and community service experience sets you apart from the crowd when applying for graduate positions and internships.
- You will build crucial networks and connections with Red Cross staff members.
- You will positively contribute to the lives of some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
- You will meet other young people who are passionate about community service.
Are there ID requirements to enter the event?
You will need to bring 100 points of identification to become a volunteer. More information will be sent out closer to the event regarding this.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
If you are a member of the Red Cross this event is free! However; if you're not a member just bring $5 on the day to sign up as a member and we will supply the membership forms! You MUST be a member to complete this training.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For more information email Evie, the Red Cross Club Secretary: