Actions and Detail Panel
Recognising & Responding to the Deteriorating Child Workshop
Thu. 27 October 2016, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm AEDT
This is a one day, interactive workshop that explores the role of the nurse in recognising and responding to a deteriorating paediatric patient. It is suitable for registered and enrolled nurses with experience in paediatric nursing, who wish to further develop their knowledge and skills in paediatric assessment and management.
This course is not suitable for those with extensive paediatric nursing experience.
- To identify and discuss the key indicators of deterioration for infants, children and adolescents.
- To consider appropriate nursing interventions in response to the deteriorating paediatric patient.
The workshop explores the common paediatric presentations requiring nursing intervention and is the equivalent of 8 CPD hours. Content includes:
- Reviewing paediatric differences
- Paediatric health assessment
- Recognising clinical deterioration
- The Medical Emergency Team
- Communication around the deteriorating child
- Stabilising a child for transfer
- Interactive scenarios based learning activities
A registration fee of $240 (incl.GST) applies for all bookings. No refunds will be provided for cancellations received within 28 days of the workshop date.
Places are limited so get in quickly to avoid disappointment.
All queries should be directed to the Administrator:
T: +613 9345 6716 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org