Actions and Detail Panel
Reablement and Wellness Approaches - Working Effectively with Consumers (fo...
Wed. 17 May 2017, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm AEST
Reablement and Wellness Approaches: Working Effectively with Consumers
This one day workshop is designed for case managers, service coordinators and support facilitators. The workshop covers the theoretical underpinning and the practical application of reablement and wellness approaches with consumers in community care settings. A mixture of presentation, film, group activities and discussion is used to explore the process from initial engagement of the consumer in reablement and wellness discussion through to the design and implementation of a goal orientated support plan.
• Case Managers
• Service Coordinators
• Support Facilitators and Planners
• Supervisors of the above.
After completion of the workshop, participants will:
• be able to define reablement, wellness and restorative care and their foundation principles
• outline the expected outcomes of reablement and wellness interventions
• have enhanced skills in assessing a consumer’s interest in reablement and wellness approaches
• be able to engage consumers in goal orientated discussions and develop SMART goals
• be able to design, implement and evaluate user friendly support plans. Workshop Content
• Understanding the foundations of reablement and wellness approaches
• Getting the start right: Engaging consumers in the reablement and wellness approach
• Getting the destination right: Client set SMART goals
• Getting the journey right: Developing, monitoring and evaluating support plans.
This workshop includes morning tea and lunch.