Actions and Detail Panel
RCOA 2016 Consultations: Mental health issues and recommendations
Thu. 10 November 2016, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm AEDT
The Refugee Council of Australia (RCOA) is holding its annual national consultations on the future of Australia’s Refugee and Humanitarian Program.
RCOA is focusing on issues related to mental health concerns for people seeking protection and those humanitarian entrants facing uncertainty. We are seeking feedback, suggestions and concerns from refugee communities and individuals and organisations working with these communities.
This consultation will focus on:
- The experiences of how people seek diagnoses and treatment for mental health issues
- The service responses available to people from a humanitarian background
- The barriers and gaps in support available
- Current approaches to identify and address these gaps and barriers
- Other recommednations about how to support people's health and well-being
This is an important opportunity to share your views about Australia’s policies and practices as it relates to mental health treatment for humanitarian entrants. Your feedback will inform RCOA’s ongoing work and advocacy.