Established since 2013, QUT BlueSky forum annually unites the expertise of academics, government, industry professionals and students to generate ideas and scope for innovative projects.
Coinciding with the launch of Brisbane Internet of Things (IoT) Community Network, this year’s topic is Smart City Intellisensing: transforming the cities using digital technologies for supporting creative communities, safe and sustainable mobility, productivity and wellbeing.
The forum will combine panel keynotes, thematic workshop and plenary discussions to propose a suite of projects that will address the identified key challenges, and generate opportunities for emerging topics and themes. The forum will be followed by a workshop with Meshed to bootstrap the innovations in IoT community network. Selected project proposal will be supported by QUT BlueBox Accelerator program ($25K cash plus mentoring and other supports) to turbo-charge the ideas into tangible outcomes and foster new research and innovation opportunities.
- Professor Stuart White, Director of the Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology Sydney
- Cat Matson, Chief Digital Officer, City of Brisbane
- James Bangay, Managing Director and Founder, Fugro Roames
- Prof. Laurie Buys (IFE – Infrastructure for Sustainable Communities), Dr. Markus Rittenbruch and Dr. Rafael Gomez (QUT School of Design) – Sustainable and Creative Communities
- Prof. Andry Rakotonirainy (QUT Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety QLD), Prof. Edward Chung and Dr. Marc Miska (QUT Smart Transport Research Centre) – Safe and Smart Transport and Mobility
- Prof. Stewart Trost (QUT Institute for He alth and Biomedical Innovation) and Dr. Christhina Candido (University of Sydney Indoor Environmental Quality Lab) – Productivity and Wellbeing
- Alistair Barros (QUT Information Systems School), Catherine Caruana-McManus (Meshed) – the Things Network Integration
Forum: 8:00am - 12:30pm (breakfast and morning tea provided)
Workshop: 1:00pm - 5:00pm (afternoon tea provided)
Visit website: QUT BlueSky forum for more details on the speakers and agenda