Quality Training and Hospitality College are currently looking for students to participate in a government subsidised cookery course which has the end goal of getting participants into a cookery career.
By doing this program you will be completing the Certificate II in Kitchen Operations (SIT20416). The course will run over a 10 week period, consisting of 8 weeks training and 2 weeks of work placement.
The participants who are successful getting into the course will have the opportunity to complete their practical component of the course at the Adelaide Showgrounds commercial kitchens which regularly cater for some of the largest events in Adelaide.
If you are successful you will have to commit to this course for 10 weeks with the course commencing Tuesday 25/10/2016, 3 days per week (Tues,Wed,Thurs) with the possibility of having work and placement during this period as well.
We are holding an information session on Thursday 20th October at 2:30 pm to give potential participants the chance to find out all about the course and for us to have an initial interview and screening.
Being a government subsidised course we are restricted by eligibility criteria for this course, please take note before deciding to attend the information session as you will not be accepted for this course if you don't meet this criteria.
Eligibility Criteria (compulsory)
- Over the age of 17 or older and not currently enrolled in school
- Be an Australian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or a New Zealand Citizen living in South Australia
- Must pass a Language Literacy and Numeracy test and exceed the minimum standards
- Not have exceeded your Skills for All or WorkReady state government entitlements
- Can commit to 8 weeks of training and 2 weeks of work placement
Our preferred candidate (preferred but not compulsory)
- Has career aspirations of working in cookery
- Would want to progress into an apprenticeship in Commercial Cookery
- Professional dress standards
- Has not completed any certificates previously