I will give a workshop on qigong and other Chinese body technologies such as Taijiquan (Tai Chi) and their application to pain and injury treatment and prevention and to health and longevity generally.
Topics covered will include:
• The Primacy of Improving Circulation in Taoist Health Cultivation
• The Historic Link Between Qi and Blood
• Taoist Breathing: How is it Performed and Why?
• Erector Spinae Tension and Internal Organ Function/Dysfunction
• The “Neutral Spine”: Its Development in Primates, its Rise to Primacy in the Australian Physiotherapy Community, and How the Concept Can be Understood Through the Lens of Chinese Body Technology
• Treating & Preventing Back and Hip Pain: “Re-Introducing” Chinese Body Technology Practises to Western Physiotherapy
When: Sunday 27 Nov 2016 between 10 am to 4 pm
Where: Fresh Holistic Health 330 Mons Road, Forest Glen QLD 4556
Cost: Early Bird $120 until 5 p.m. 5 pm Sunday 13 Nov 2016 then $140
What to bring: Yoga mat and/or cushion to sit on if you have one
Kind regards and Namaste,
Dr Ben Gaffney B.Sc. (Hons), Ph.D., MPhtSt., Yoga Australia Regd Teacher (level 1)