Short course: 10.7 km +/- 250 mtrs OR Long course: 14.1 km +/- 440 mtr
This race in the series provides a 1 km warm-up on a wide track, all racers will turn left and enjoy a very short, rocky, somewhat technical descent to a brook, which will doubtfully have water in it at this time of year. The descent enables you to get as low as possible so that the first climb you face is that much greater. Catch your breath at the top with some undulating slight downhill, a very short single track descent, and another climb. Descend again on what we fondly call "Butterfly Drive." You'll run on some very scenic trail.
Courses will be well flagged - and marshalled at a few key intersections. We will do our best to keep you on course, but it is your responsibility to keep aware of the flagging.
1. Is this the only info I receive?: No. We send out a PRERACE BRIEF, that has all the essential information. Directions to event, times for briefing/presentations, aid station, etc. This comes out Tuesday evening after registration closes. (REGISTRATION ALWAYS CLOSES TUESDAY PRIOR TO THE EVENT...unless sold out beforehand)
2. Mandatory Gear: We recommend to bring a minimum of 500ml water. This can be in a handheld bottle, or a running pack. We'll check you've got it at registration.
3. Is my registration/ticket transferrable or can I get a refund?: No. Your registration has all your information-phone number, emergency contacts, and medical conditions. Also your email, which we use to send out that pre-race brief.
4. What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?: We really encourage you to try and ride share. Besides being a great way to meet other trail runners, it makes sure we can all have a spot to park. We've got limited space in all the national parks that we run in, so please, please, please, share a ride :)
5. What's the best way to contact the organiser with any questions? Email: email@example.com