This 1-day short course has been tailored for developing high performing teams. Harnessing the latest research advances in contextual behavioural science conducted by a dedicated team of US, UK and Australian prosocial researchers, this course will teach you the principles and strategies for building highly productive divisions and teams.
This course is based on Nobel Laureate Elinor Ostrom’s classic delineation of the core principles that underlie the altruistic, cooperative behaviour and efficacy of prosocial groups. Prosocial groups work together for the benefit of other groups in the system without seeking to selfishly exploit the situation for personal gain. In this course you will learn and apply the core design principles and tools for cultivating prosocial behaviours and unleash the team productivity and performance outcomes.
This unique course is facilitated by world leading researcher and renowned leadership coach ANU PhD Dr Robert Styles whose training strategies draw from the latest, empirically-validated and evidence-based research advances in contextual behavioural science.
- Build and sustain a strong team identity and purpose
- Establish norms of mutual trust and reciprocity
- Monitor and quality assure team behaviour and outputs
- Fairly and quickly resolve conflict – deal effectively with problem staff
- Cultivate local autonomy and empower team members to greater achievement
- Improve team effectiveness and performance
Who will benefit?
If you are a team leader or team member at any level in an organisation wishing to enhance team and organisational performance, then this is the course for you. You will:
- Analyse what is motivating and directing individual and team behaviours
- Clarify purpose and key value propositions
- Review prevailing norms regulating team and inter-team behaviours
- Identify strengths and opportunities for innovation and improvement in team performance
- Plan initial actions for designing, testing and prototyping new ideas and behaviours
- Consider the required dialogue skills for cultivating prosociality
- Learn to positively influence bosses, peers and subordinates
- Identify team goals and values
- Work with your team to set benchmarks for performance indicators
- Establish self-monitoring plus quick, fair & effective problem resolution mechanisms
- Empower localised decision-making and autonomy
- Consider approaches for generalising prosocial principles across the system
“Challenges everything you know or thought you knew”
“Facilitator was very engaging and supportive”
“A fair and equitable approach to team building”
“Gets everyone to own the outcomes, which is great”
“Insightful strategy based on groundbreaking work”
“A people-centred approach which is why I guess it works”
“Loved this one-day course. Now if only my boss could attend...!”
Dr Robert Styles is an internationally-renowned academic expert in the field of psychological flexibility and adaptive leadership who has published widely in the field of contextual behavioural science. His PhD examined the influences of language on sustained, positive overt and covert behavioural change in leaders and managers. He has successfully trained hundreds of senior managers, executives, CEOs and leaders from businesses and public agencies throughout the Asia-Pacific and Australasia.
Can’t attend on this date?
Please contact ExecEd@anuenterprise.com.au to find out about future dates and schedules, as well as to enquire about training delivery at your own premises.
Are there any Group discounts?
Group discounts are available for bulk registrations of 3 or more participants.
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellations or changes to course registrations should be provided in writing to email@example.com at the earliest opportunity. Late substitution of registrants and shifting to other advertised courses is permissible but subject to approval and may incur a cost.
What is the refund policy?
Attendees are required to provide no less than 10 working days’ notice to request a full refund. No further refund will be offered once this period has expired. Participants are able to nominate another attendee from their organisation at no charge.
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
Yes, your registration is transferable to another employee at your organisation at any time prior to the day of the event. Please advise new registration details to ExecEd@anuenterprise.com.au