Prevention is the key. This workshop explores the most common reasons educators are faced with challenging behaviour in an educational setting. Applying a preventative approach to intervention this workshop focuses on relationships with children, skill building, and guidance techniques, while investigating the underlying assumption that all behaviour – no matter how challenging or complex – is a child’s attempt to communicate their needs. Participants will acquire knowledge on attachment theory, social-emotional development, and brain development in the early years. Through active skills training and practical strategies participants will develop the confidence to apply this approach to their own pedagogy and professional practice.
- Behaviour is communication
- Relationships with children
- Social-emotional development
- Brain development
- The power of self-reflection
- Increased knowledge and skills to recognise children’s emotional needs
- Ability to implement a preventative approach to effect behaviour change
- Ability to implement effective behaviour management strategies for lasting change
Educator’s toolkit – the nuts and bolts:
- We will arm you with a highly practical toolkit to ensure you can put everything you learn into practice.
Who should attend:
- This workshop is designed for educators from early education and care or school age care.
- This workshop will be presented by Jasmine Wallace, a highly experienced psychologist who has specialist knowledge and experience in assessment and analysis of challenging behaviour, and how to best support educators to effect positive behaviour change.
What educators are saying:
- “Excellent. It was a really great workshop. Jasmine was really well spoken, easy to understand, and had a calm/beautiful personality. I can’t wait to implement some of the strategies.”
- “This course made me feel that all is not lost and as educators we matter.”
- “Jasmine was involved and had a genuine love and deep knowledge of what she was talking about. I honestly learnt a lot and feel this course is beneficial to all educators.”
- “I learnt that my emotional cup is empty and in order to fill my children’s emotional cups I need to first look at myself and how I can improve. Thank you!”
When & Where
Phone:0451 377 455
Carers Connection was founded by Jasmine Wallace, a psychologist and mum, who is passionate about providing high quality services and support to parents and carers of young children. Carers Connection operates in Queensland and provides parent support, educator professional development, and early childhood intervention services. We serve the community as an integrated service focused on meeting the needs of parents, carers and professionals involved with young children.