Prevention is the key. This workshop explores the most common reasons educators are faced with challenging behaviour, extending educator knowledge on attachment theory, social-emotional development and brain development in the early years. Educators will be given the tools to apply these underpinnings with practical strategies and active skills training.
- Behaviour is communication
- Relationships with children
- Social-emotional development
- Brain development
- The power of self-reflection
- Increased knowledge and skills to recognise children’s emotional needs
- Ability to implement a preventative approach to effect behaviour change
- Ability to implement effective behaviour management strategies for lasting change
Educator’s toolkit – the nuts and bolts:
- We will arm you with a highly practical toolkit to ensure you can put everything you learn into practice.
Who should attend:
- This workshop is designed for educators from early education and care or school age care.
- This workshop will be presented by Jasmine Wallace, a highly experienced psychologist who has specialist knowledge in the assessment and analysis of challenging behaviour, and how to best support educators to effect positive behavioural change.
What educators are saying:
- “Excellent. It was a really great workshop. Jasmine was really well spoken, easy to understand, and had a calm/beautiful personality. I can’t wait to implement some of the strategies.”
- “This course made me feel that all is not lost and as educators we matter.”
- “Jasmine was involved and had a genuine love and deep knowledge of what she was talking about. I honestly learnt a lot and feel this course is beneficial to all educators.”
- “I learnt that my emotional cup is empty and in order to fill my children’s emotional cups I need to first look at myself and how I can improve. Thank you!”
Save This Event
When & Where
Phone:0451 377 455
Carers Connection was founded by Jasmine Wallace, a psychologist and mum, who is passionate about providing high quality services and support to parents and carers of young children. Carers Connection operates in Queensland and provides parent support, educator professional development, and early childhood intervention services. We serve the community as an integrated service focused on meeting the needs of parents, carers and professionals involved with young children.