Lives Lived Well and QNADA are excited to announce a series of FREE one-day skills building workshops across Queensland.
This workshop is designed for people working within services where problem gamblers may present and go unnoticed. For instance, gambling problems often go unassessed in alcohol and drug services where the sole focus is on substance use. Research informs us that not addressing problem gambling creates a risk for substance misuse recovery.
The format of the workshop is in two parts:
10:00am -12:00pm - Problem Gambling Screening
- Why screen for problem gambling?
- Introduction to the Problems Gambling Screening Inventory (PSI)
- Better Futures: A self-guided brief intervention for problem gamblers
12:00-1:00 – Lunch (Provided)
1.00-3.00pm - Enhancing Motivational to Change
- A quick tour of Motivational Interviewing
- Foundational Skills and Strategies
Dates and Locations
- 4 November 2016 Rockhampton Empire Apartment Hotel
- 11 November 2016 Mackay Mackay Grand Suites
- 29 November 2016 Cairns Rydges Esplanade Resort
- 30 January 2017 Toowoomba Toowoomba Central Plaza
- 03 February 2017 Sunshine Coast Sebel Maroochydore
- 10 February 2017 Townsville Rydges Southbank
- TBC February 2017 Gold Coast Sofitel Broadbeach
- 13 February 2017 Brisbane Sofitel Brisbane Central
Trainer: Dr Joel Porter
Joel is the Associate Clinical Director of Lives Lived Well. He is an adjunct Associate Professor at University of Canberra, Centre for Applied Psychology. Joel has extensive experience in addiction treatment design and implementation He is a Certified Trainer in Motivational Interviewing by the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers.
Contact: Phone Lives Lived Well on (07) 3834 0207 or email email@example.com for any questions relating to these workshops.