San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Australia has released a priority list of products potentially covered under the Product Stewardship Act 2011. The designated products include:
- Waste paint
- End-of-life handheld batteries
- End-of-life air conditioners with small gas charges
- End-of-life refrigerators with small gas charges
The Act provides a framework for establishing voluntary, co-regulatory and regulatory approaches for product stewardship. Australia’s Environment Ministers have also developed plans for paint and battery product stewardship.
The GlobalPSC is bringing global leaders on product-specific producer responsibility collection and reprocessing initiatives to help identify and learn from international best practice to assist these efforts. Featured international speakers include:
- Carl Smith, CEO and President, Call2Recycle (North America)
- Alison Keane, Vice President Government Affairs, American Coatings Association
- Mark Kurschner, President, Product Care Association (North America)
- Corinne Faure-Rochu, Director Business Development, Recupyl (France)
Panel sessions will include these speakers and other product-specific experts on batteries and paint from the USA and Australia. Lunch will be provided.
A special evening function will enable even greater access to this international line-up for GlobalPSC members.
When & Where
Global Product Stewardship Council
The Global Product Stewardship Council (GlobalPSC) is an independent, not-for-profit forum for product stewardship development and an online resource for information on product stewardship policies and programs across the world.
Details are available at www.globalpsc.net.