PRINTING A FINE ART MASTERPIECE
In the FINE ART Print workshop you will learn from the experience of working alongside a Master Printmaker hand-making a print.
In this fine art printing session we will work with one of your negatives so you can learn how to select the best image to work with, print and finish a photograph to the highest FINE ART standard.
Working in a small group of 2-3 participants, advanced darkroom techniques, equipment and processes as well as creative printing controls will be demonstrated and performed.
At the end of this workshop you will have a finished FINE ART print ready for framing.
Who would benefit from this workshop:
- People with good to excellent B&W darkroom practice wanting to advance their skills
- Previous participants of the Maud Darkroom B&W Series
- Those who may have an interest in witnessing the handcrafting of a Fine Art print from one of their photographs
Workshop spaces: 2–3 participants
TOPICS: THE FINE ART PRINT
- What is the difference between a Photographic Print and a Fine Art Photographic Print?
- The Fine Print aesthetic
- Fibre papers for Fine Art work
- Split contrast printing
- Archival processing and storage
- Using toners for aesthetic effect and archival purposes (discussion only)
- Advanced aspects chemical preparation, safety and management
- ‘Full sheet’ printing
- ‘Black-border’ printing (using the full negative)
- Washing and drying concerns
- Flattening wrinkly fibre prints
- Spotting and finishing
Over 3 Sessions that may be conducted consecutively in one day or in 3 separate sessions
- The Fine print – what’s it all about (2 hours)
- Master printmaking session (2.5 hours)*
- Finishing, care and storage the Fine Art print (1.5 hours)*
*These times are based on 2 participants, should the workshop be run with 1 or 3 participants the total time will vary.
The workshop includes materials for one finished Fine Art print:
- Fibre fine art printing aper for 1 finished 30x40cm hand-printed fibre print
- All test strips and work prints for one negative
- A folder to transport the finished print
- Notes, reference materials and web links (supplied electronicall)
- A certificate of participation
DATE: Saturday, November 26, 2016
COURSE FEE: 2-3 participants $370pp
This course is also offered as private tuition, 1-on-1 for $520
TICKET INCLUDES URL resources and some materials
A minimum of 2 participants is required for this program to run.
– Up until 48 hours notice before start time – 75% refund
– Less than 48 hours before start time, unless position is filled – no refund