Actions and Detail Panel
'PrimaryConnections Ready' Pre-Service Teacher Workshop - Southern Cross Un...
Fri., 05/05/2017, 8:30 am – Sat., 06/05/2017, 4:00 pm AEST
FREE* Pre-Service Teacher workshop: ‘PrimaryConnections Ready’
Do you want to add a competitive edge to your CV?
Are you ‘PrimaryConnections Ready’?
Would you like to participate in twelve hours/ two days of primary science and literacy professional learning in an award winning, Australian Government supported program?
The ‘PrimaryConnections Ready’ program recognises that the beginning teacher has a myriad of professional responsibilities to deal with, and feeling confident, competent and ready to engage and work with their students in the important core learning area of science will be a significant advantage in that crucial first year of teaching.
Being ready to apply the knowledge and skills learnt through this professional learning program will be a valuable asset from the new teacher’s very first day!
About ‘PrimaryConnections Ready’ Pre-service Teacher Program
The twelve-hour ‘PrimaryConnections Ready’ Program assists pre-service teachers to learn about, understand and clarify:
- the aims of the PrimaryConnections program
- the major principles and pedagogy of PrimaryConnections
- the power of the PrimaryConnections 5Es teaching and learning model
- the important relationship between science and literacy
- the “How-to tools” that enhance student learning in science and literacy
- how the program is based on current research
- the richness of the exemplary PrimaryConnections curriculum units and other resources
After completing this training, pre-service teachers will be able to:
- effectively implement the PrimaryConnections 5Es teaching and learning model
- provide their students with appropriately sequenced learning experiences to develop their understanding of science concepts through inquiry skills and literacy practices
- feel confident, competent and ready to teach science effectively from the beginning of their teaching career
What will you receive?
- An 80 page program booklet in hard copy and downloadable electronic version
- A certificate showing the AITSL National Professional Learning Standards covered (1.1, 1.2, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 4.1, 5.1, 6.4, 7.4)
What are your obligations?
If you are selected as one of the first to submit an expression of interest you need to:
- commit to attending the full 12 hours/two days of the professional learning program
- organise your own travel to and from the venue
- complete pre- and post-event surveys for evaluation purposes
- complete and return follow up surveys for evaluation purposes
*The course including course material is provided for free. The $20 registration fee secures your spot and subsidises the cost of lunch provided on both days of the workshop.
First preference will be given to Southern Cross University students.
The workshop runs from Firday 5 - Satuday 6 May2017 (8.30am - 4.00pm both days).