This is a 3-day training course for those seeking recognition as a registered funeral presider.
If you are seeking authorisation to become a Lay Presider, please seek the approval of your presbytery before registering for this course.
The practical skills offered include:
- dealing with loss and grief,
- visiting the bereved family,
- talking sensitively of God and faith,
- relating with funeral directors,
- planning and conducting a service and
- engaging with cultural settings.
A full day of field trips to: a funeral director, crematorium and cemetery are also included.
For more information about this course including pre-course reading and preparation, please click on the link below to the UME website: