Actions and Detail Panel
Preparing for Difficult Conversations in the Workplace
Wed. 26 October 2016, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm AEDT
Difficult conversations aren’t easy, however, they are a significant component of leadership. Whether you’re dealing with performance issues, workplace conflict or informing a client that their project will be delayed, as a manager, you may need to have conversations that you’d rather not. During this workshop we will:
1. Talk about what makes a difficult conversation
2. Look at how you can prepare for this kind of discussion
3. Know what to say in the moment
4. Learn how to manage expectations
5. Ensure the exchange goes as smoothly as possible
Workshop Outcomes: Recognise, plan and manage difficult conversations.
Participants: This course would suit managers and team leaders looking to acquire additional skills to prepare for a difficult conversation, along with the techniques required to do this effectively.