Actions and Detail Panel
Prechtl's Method of the Qualitative Assessment of General Movements - BASIC
Tue., 28/03/2017, 8:30 am – Fri., 31/03/2017, 12:30 pm AEDT
This three and a half day course provides an introduction into Prechtl's Method on the Qualitative Assessment of General Movements in young infants. This new assessment method has shown its merit for the prenatal and postnatal evaluation of the integrity of the nervous system. Compelling evidence is now available that qualitative assessment of General Movements (GMs) at a very early age is the best predictor for cerebral palsy. This method has become a potent supplement to the traditional kind of neurological examination.
Main topics of lectures, demonstrations and exercises are:
- The antogeny of spontaneous motor ativity;
- Normal and abnormal GMs from birth to 20 weeks post-term;
- Practical instructions for recording and assessment of GMs;
- GMs and follow-up: individual developmental trajectories and their predictive power for later neurological impairments.
The course fulfils the standards specified by the GM-Trust.
Who should attend?
- Medical Specialists
- Physio Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Other professionals in the field of infant neurology
Instructor: Doctor Andrea Guzzetta, Italy
Dates & Times:
- Tuesday 28 March - Thursday 30 March: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Friday 31 March: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided.
STRICTLY LIMITED - ONLY 20 PLACES AVAILABLE