This orientation program will provide nurses new to general practice with essential information to transition into the general practice setting. Knowledge gained will assist with the effective delivery of high quality and safe health care.
Presented by: Eastern Melbourne GP Engagement Officers
- Identify the role, responsibilities and skills required of a Practice Nurse
- Explain professional practice and professional development requirements
- Identify the Practice Nurse’s role in health promotion and preventative care (including health assessments)
- Identify quality and safety requirements in general practice
- Outline the role of the Practice Nurse in the Medicare Chronic Disease Management Program (GP Management Plans & Team Care Arrangements)