Actions and Detail Panel
Power BI Training with Pragmatic Works - Sydney Nov 2016
Mon., 28/11/2016, 9:00 am – Tue., 29/11/2016, 5:00 pm AEDT
Do you want to learn from the experts in Power BI?
Agile BI and Pragmatic Works have partnered to deliver you world class training from field experts.
Are you worried your trainer will just be reading from a script? See what our attendees have said:
(a) concern was that the trainer would just be reciting/presenting a straight textbook training course with no real knowledge of the material. You definitely proved to have practical and proven expertise in this space though. – BI Manager, Government
(i was concerned) that it may fall into the standard vanilla instructor reading off notes at the front of the room for two days. It was not – Informative, engaging, relevant. – BI Developer – Government
The Agile BI training difference:
- We are not trainers reading from a script, you get hands-on experts delivering the training
- We can draw on our experience to provide real life scenarios where the materials apply
- We can solve your real world problems during the class because we use what we teach in the field every day
What will I learn?
This class is designed to get you up to speed on the latest with Power BI. First you will learn how to query and pull in data. Then organize the results into a data model with relationships and calculations. Finally, you will learn the best way to visualize your data through a variety of charts, graphs, maps and gauges that are provided. This class exclusively uses the Power BI Desktop application to create solutions that are deployed to the Power BI Service and are then visible from any devices.
Topics covered include:
- Data Discovery with Power BI Desktop
- Transforming Data
- Introduction to Modeling Data
- Creating the Data Model
- Creating Calculated Columns
- Creating Calculated Measures and DAX
- Introduction to Visualizing Data
- Creating Basic Reports in Power BI Desktop
- Creating Interactive Reports
- Using Power BI Services
- Refreshing the Data
- Mobile BI