Actions and Detail Panel
Post DrupalGov Developer Training: Docker [TUE], Drupal 8 theming [WED]
Tue., 28/03/2017, 9:00 am – Wed., 29/03/2017, 4:00 pm AEDT
28 Mar 2017 [9am-4pm]
Tuesday: Drupal 8 development environments using Docker containers
- Introduction to Docker and Docker Compose
- Creating and managing MySQL and phpMySQL containers (multiple dbs, users)
- Creating php container and linking it to database
- Adding composer to php container and installing Drupal
- Using Drupal in docker (source control, drush, adding modules using composer)
- Extending Drupal with Drupal Console and codeception
- Debugging Drupal
29 Mar 2017 [9am-4pm]
Wednesday: In depth theming and theme development in Drupal 8
- Introduction to theming in Drupal 8. Review of standard and contributed themes
- Using twig in Drupal 8
- Using bootstrap theme and creating subtheme
- Debugging and creating templates
- Drupal 8 theme and preprocess functions
- Creating standalone theme
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Morning tea and lunch
- Course notes
- Online environment setup
What to bring?
- Laptop with SSH and code editing capabilities. [More information to be provided in registration email].
Vladimir is a Drupal consultant and educator. He presented and ran training sessions at various conferences and camps including:
- DrupalCon (Dublin 2016, Sydney 2013)
- DrupalGov 2014, 2016, 2017 (Canberra, Australia)
- DrupalSouth (Melbourne 2015, Wellington 2014)
Vladimir is running Drupal in a Day in Brisbane (Australia) since 2013. He is regular presenter at Brisbane Drupal meetup and organiser of DrupalCamp Byron Bay 2015 and DrupalSouth Gold Coast 2016.
DrupalGov 2017 conference is annual Drupal conference held in Canberra.
- Event date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017
- Location: QT hotel, Canberra
- More information
GovCMS training. If you are looking for less developer oriented training, GovCMS might be just for you.
- Event date: Tue, 27 Mar 2017
- Location: National Library of Australia, Canberra
- More information