Actions and Detail Panel
Pop up Laneway Garden workshop
Sat. 10 December 2016, 10:00 am – 12:15 pm AEDT
If you would like to start a pop up community growing space in your laneway, with your neighbours, Council has created a process to assist in the establishment of your garden, making it simple, fun and safe, and it starts with you attending a workshop on the 10th of December to find out more.
The workshop will cover:
- Council’s preferred laneways for the development of a “pop-up” garden;
- How you can address potential hazards for pedestrians and other traffic;
- Means of gaining support and participation from your local neighbourhood for your initiative;
- Any access or safety issues you must take into consideration in your application;
- Completing a thorough application for your initiative;
- A few crucial tips and tricks to make your garden a success; and most importantly
- To meet your fellow gardeners
We ask that everyone attend a workshop for the development of a pop up laneway garden prior to submitting an application.
It would be helpful to bring a plan (google maps diagram) of your laneway, basic measurements and photos.