Actions and Detail Panel
Planning to work safely around the Western Power network - FREE session - M...
Thu. 16 March 2017, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm AWST
There is in excess of 30 avoidable contacts with the network each month, putting lives at risk and damaging equipment and assets. Don't take the risk.
Come along to our FREE quarterly safety forum to equip you and your employees with information to help them to plan to work safely around the Western Power network.
In this one hour session at hosted at Western Power's head office on Wellington Street in Perth, we will cover:
- When workers are most at risk
- What causes incidents and how to avoid them
- How to identify and obtain information on overhead powerlines and underground cables
- Safe approach distances and minimum clearances
- OSH Regulations
- Your duty of care
- What to do in an emergency
- How to safely evacuate plant or machinery in contact with a powerline or cable
It will be of interest to anyone working in:
- Building and construction
- Civil construction
- Vegetation management
Visit https://westernpower.com.au/safety-access/ to find out more about our public safety initiatives.