Traditional Southern Italian dances and sounds: Exploring the basic steps of Tarantellefrom Puglia
Presentation by Rosa Didonna
- History of music and dance through the various Tarantelle from Puglia.
- Introduction to the basic steps of Tarantelle from Gargano, Brindisi and Salento.
- Importance of popular music and dance for past, present and future generations.
- Final performance and group dance.
Rosa Didonna was born in Italy and has been living in Sydney since 2013. She has been performing professionally popular folk dances (tarantelle) in Southern Italy since 2005. She is the leader of a newly established Italian folk dance group based in Sydney called Armonie Salentine. They have performed during Italian festivals such as Ferragosto Festival (2015) and Norton Street Festa (2015). She has worked with students of the Italian Bilingual School (IBS) in Meadowbank and has also collaborated with Co.As.It. and the Associazione Pugliese in Sydney.
Light refreshments will be offered during the break.
• IIC members: $40 per workshop (*)
• Non-members: $50 per workshop
(*) The workshop will take place provided that at least 10 people will enroll (max. 25). Should the workshop be cancelled, those who have already paid will be refunded in full.