A journey through Southern Italian folk dance: the Pizzica Pizzica
Presentation by Rosa Didonna
- Introduction to the history of Pizzica Pizzica and the places where it originated.
- Introduction to the basic steps of Pizzica from Salento.
- Presentation of the various types of Pizzica from the 14th century to the present day and their historical evolution.
- Final performance and group dance.
Rosa Didonna was born in Italy and has been living in Sydney since 2013. She has been performing professionally popular folk dances (tarantelle) in Southern Italy since 2005. She is the leader of a newly established Italian folk dance group based in Sydney called Armonie Salentine. They have performed during Italian festivals such as Ferragosto Festival (2015) and Norton Street Festa (2015). She has worked with students of the Italian Bilingual School (IBS) in Meadowbank and has also collaborated with Co.As.It. and theAssociazione Pugliese in Sydney.
Light refreshments will be offered during the break.
• IIC members: $40 per workshop (*)
• Non-members: $50 per workshop
(*) The workshop will take place provided that at least 10 people will enroll (max. 25). Should the workshop be cancelled, those who have already paid will be refunded in full.