San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
In this whole day session we're going to narrow our thoughts down onto one of the sub domains of the ICT General Capability -Applying Social and Ethical Protocols. Come and join me as weunpack the essentials and the statutory requirements of using ICT in your classroom with your students.
In the morning we'll explore questions such as:
- What is this ICT General Capability? Why is it so important for our students?
- What’s in the ASEPPs section? What should have happened before I start working with my students (in prior years of the curriculum?) What should I be covering? What will their teacher expect my students to know next academic year?
- What is your current practice? Are we covering it right? What gaps are immerging? Let’s set ourselves a goal.
- How does intellectual property affect how we teach and the resources we use with our students? What do we need to know so that we can model great ethical and social skills? What can we do to empower our students to have a deep understanding of ownership in the digital age
After lunch we'll tackle:
- What kinds of 'risks' should students be taking when using ICT?
- How do we help them to make calculated risks?
- How can we connect with safe 'unknown" audiences?
- What do we need to teach them about being 'safe'?
- What are the impacts of ICT in society? Where in the curriculum can this be explored?
- How do we plan to cover the Gen Capability?
- What audit tools and examples are there for me to use?
A certificate will be issued for 8 hours of Professional development covering the following APSFTs
• 2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
• 3.4 Select and use resources
• 4.5 Use ICT safely, responsibly and ethically
• 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice
Who should attend?
The General Capability is the responsibility of every teacher, at every year level. We'll look at the whole continuum so come along whatever year level you teach in. We'll be exploring what we should cover, where we can find resources and how we can cover it. I'll do my best to tailor those resources to your needs. This course is designed to suit a range of technical abilities too so don't worry if you need support or you're an ICT Whizz. We've got you covered :)
Will you be feeding me?
I'll provide some morning and afternoon tea and coffee. PLease bring your own lunch or take advantage of the near by cafes on Port Road.
What Should I bring?
Bring an internet enabled device (A tablet, laptop etc.) - we'll be using a Google Doc to access some great resources that you can take back for your classrooms. It will also become a place for you to demonstrate your learning and pose questions as we explore.
Save This Event
When & Where
Selena Woodward - Teacher Technologies
Selena is an adjunct lecturer at Flinders University who specialises in ICT integraion and digital technologies. She is well known as a passionate advocator for technology in the classroom. As a presenter she is lively, engaging and very approachable.