Please refer to detailed event Terms and Conditions below
Are there ticket/ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Yes. Please ensure you bring a copy of your event ticket (printed or electronically) and ID for legal purposes as alcohol is freely served. Children up to the age 5 are permitted to attend the event, but parents/carers must make their own arrangements for their child's/children's catering needs. However, if you wish to purchase a full priced ticket for your child, they will receive one of the provided adult hampers.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please visit the Centennial Parklands website for further information, https://www.centennialparklands.com.au/plan_your_visit
What can/can't I bring to the event?
We recommend you bring your own sun protection. Dogs are permitted to the event, however MUST be leashed, supervised and kept under effective control at all times.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact the organiser by email at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
What You Are Agreeing To
- By visiting, using or purchasing any tickets via this website you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- Any Terms & Conditions of the venue at which this event is held (please see the venue’s website)
- Any Terms & Conditions that may be printed on the ticket
- The Organiser reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule and vary programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity
- Children under the age of 5 gain free entry, but will not be handed any of the freely available alcohol.
- All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times before, during and after the event, on site.
- By attending this event, you are giving Pets in the Park and TAFE South Western Sydney institute the right to use any images taken at the event for marketing purposes only. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are giving your consent on behalf of your child and any young adult under the age of 18.
Conditions Of Sale
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars and include the processing fee
- Sales will cease when the allocation of tickets is sold, or at a time otherwise specified
- The Organiser reserve the right to not sell tickets to any person, agent or company
- Tickets will be delivered to you by the method of email
- Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium over the face value of the ticket or used for advertising, promoting or other commercial purposes or to enhance the demand for other goods or services
Refunds & Exchange
- We do not replace any lost, stolen or destroyed tickets or exchange or substitute tickets after purchase
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter the date, the venue and the entertainment and activities as advertised, without prior notice to you. The Organiser determines your entitlement to a refund in such circumstances.
- If the date, time or venue of an event is rescheduled or changed, your ticket will remain valid for the rescheduled date, time and venue.
- There are no refunds on tickets. Incorrect ticket purchases DO NOT qualify for a refund unless specifically granted by the organiser.
- In the case of wet weather, a contingency venue has been sourced, and will be utilised with 48h prior notice. In this case: NO PETS WILL BE ALLOWED at the contingency venue.
- We fulfil our commitment to you for the sale of tickets by emailing the ticket to you
- If you have not received the ticket(s) within 48 hours of the event please contact us.
Changes To Terms & Conditions
- The terms and conditions that apply to any particular transaction will be the published terms and conditions at the time the transaction was finalised. Subject to the preceding sentence, the Organiser may alter or change the terms and conditions as they appear on our website from time to time effective immediately from posting on the web site.
- You should periodically check this page of the web site to ensure that you are aware of the latest terms and conditions.
What Happens If You Have An Inquiry Or Complaint
- For inquiries or complaints regarding the sale and delivery of tickets please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For inquiries or complaints regarding the staff and / or amenities at a venue or event, please contact us by email at email@example.com
- If you deny or dispute a charge on your credit card made by us, please contact us immediately. We consider credit card fraud to be a serious offence and we aim to prosecute each case to the fullest extent possible.
Copyright & Trademark
- The images, text, logos and artwork contained within this site are copyright to Pets In The Park and/or the relevant licensors. All rights are reserved. Unauthorised use by way of copying, storage, reproduction, publishing electronically or otherwise transmitting in any form or by any means in whole or in part is prohibited. The Pets In The Park logo is a registered trademark.
Disclaimer & Liability
- You accept that the internet is not always a reliable and that system outages may occur
- Save to the extent set out in the Competition and Consumer Act 2012 (Cth) (including the consumer guarantees under Australian Consumer Law) or otherwise permitted by law, We will not be liable for any damages direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings resulting from your purchase of any tickets or your access to, or use of, or inability to use the web site and its content, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, statute or any other legal theory, and whether or not We know of the possibility of such damage.
Choice of Law
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia but legal proceedings may be commenced in any Australian State or Territory.