Actions and Detail Panel
Pharmacist Small Group Learning: Pharmacotherapy (Opioid Replacement Therap...
Wed. 12 October 2016, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm AEDT
Do you provide Pharmacotherapy (Methadone and Buprenorphine) in your pharmacy?
This Small Group Learning (SGL) is aimed to support you in your practice. Meet with like-minded pharmacists to discuss a range of topics selected and agreed on by you, the participants, at a time which is convenient for you.
This Small Group Learning will be facilitated by Pharmacist David McConville, experienced in providing Pharmacotherapy services for many years.
Topics will address the following:
- Review of ORT best practice: dosing; initiating a patient; length of treatment; compassion fatigue. Case studies & group discussion.
- ORT take awaydosing: changes to guidelines; effective communication between pharmacist and prescriber; assessing stability; monitoring tools. Case studies & group discussion.
- Managing OTC Codeine requests: Treatment options for Codeine dependent patients; how to engage when identified as dependent; where to refer for comprehensive care. Case studies & group discussion.
- Complex ORT patients: when and where to refer;comorbidities;drug interactions. Case studies & group discussion.
- Pain Management: changing evidence about management of chronic pain; managing pain in ORT or addicted patients. Case studies & group discussion.
- Naloxone: Guidelines and counselling points. Case studies & group discussion.
- Managing challenging behaviours in the pharmacy: de-escalation of aggression; communication strategies. Case studies & group discussion.
This SGL will have a strong focus on Pharmacotherapy and is targeted to pharmacists currently providing Pharmacotherapy services. The full SGL consists of 4 x 1.5 hour sessions and these advertised events are the second, third and fourth in the series.