Actions and Detail Panel
PERTH - MAT Functional Assessment, Treatment + Training Course
Sat., 25/03/2017, 9:00 am – Sun., 26/03/2017, 4:00 pm AWST
MAT ASSESSMENT COURSE
The MAT Functional Assessment Course bridges the gap between traditional orthopaedic assessments and functional movements that are performed by your patients during their daily activities. This course covers the latest evidence based functional movement strategies and assessments on the MAT (Movement Assessment Tool) to help you set movement baselines, calculate injury risk and track treatment progression over time to help you improve your practice and clinical decision making skills.
You will learn:
- 10+ MAT assessments for the lower limb, spine and upper limb that will help you improve your patient assessment forever starting the very next day.
- How The MAT will provide you a massive point of difference POINT OF DIFFERENCE from other therapists and trainers, showing that you are a cutting edge, evidence-based practitioner.
- How to use the MAT to SET BASELINE MEASUREMENTS to track progression of your patients over time to help ensure that they reach their goals.
- How to use the MAT to CALCULATE INJURY RISK to see if your patient may be at risk of future injury.
- How The MAT can help you take the guess work out of determining when your patients or athletes can have the best chance of RETURNING TO SPORT safely.
- How using the MAT can help you INCREASE BUY IN to your management plan, improving your patient’s outcome and INCREASING YOUR REBOOKINGS + REVENUE.
- How The MAT can help you determine whether your treatment or management plan is effective for your individual patient.
- How to MEASURE all 3-DIMENSIONS of any movement in a way you have never been able to before and revitalise your practice.
MAT TREATMENT + TRAINING COURSE
The MAT Functional Treatment + Training Course course is the ultimate game changer for health and movement professionals. We will help you integrate the latest knowledge from movement, neuroscience and pain science fields to fill gaps in rehabilitation education as taught by higher institutions.
For too long health and movement professionals have looked at body parts in isolation without considering how we integrate as a whole in movement. In this course, we will show you how to break any task down into the 8 fundamental movements we all perform daily whilst providing you with principles, strategies and an evidence based template to create movement capacity (strength, stamina etc), movement competency (skill) and movement variability (different angles, heights, distances, loads, speed etc) to rehabilitate your patients and clients and bridge the gap between injury and performance.
You will learn:
- Learn a new Treatment + Training paradigm to help you take patients or clients from pain and DYSFUNCTION TO PERFORMANCE.
- How to use the latest PAIN SCIENCE research to help you manage those difficult patients more effectively.
- To build Movement CAPACITY (eg: strength, power, stamina) Movement COMPETENCY (skill & efficiency) Movement VARIABILITY and VARIETY (different angles, speeds, loads) and Movement CONFIDENCE in your patients and clients to ensure they are able to complete their individual needs, wants and goals.
- Create expert rehabilitation plans using the 8 key fundamental movements (walking/running, squatting, lunging, reaching, lifting, jumping pushing and pulling) so you can individually tailor your rehab plans to your patients and clients. No more generic exercises. No more 3x10 exercise prescription.
- Learn how to manipulate any movement with 10 key movement variables such as (load, speed, position, distance etc) to create 1000’s of new exercises to expand your exercise library and decrease boredom with your exercise prescription.
- How to use the 10 principles of NEUROPLASTICITY to create meaningful changes in your patient's and client's rehab plans to help make these changes more permanent.
Why do our MAT Functional Assessment, Treatment + Training Course?
- To learn how to incorporate the latest thinking in PAIN and NEUROSCIENCE into your assessment and get better outcomes with patients or clients in pain.
- To DEVELOP MORE CONFIDENCE in determining when your patient or athlete has a potential risk of injury and when they can return to work or sport safely.
- To give you a unique POINT OF DIFFERENCE in your practice, which will help you INCREASE PATIENT NUMBERS, IMPROVE REBOOKING RATES and INCREASE YOUR BOTTOM LINE.
- To learn how to use the MAT to help you set meaningful SMART goal driven rehabilitation programs to INCREASE PATIENT SATISFACTION and IMPROVE PATIENT AND CLIENT OUTCOMES.
- To help you INCREASE BUY-IN and ADHERENCE to your home exercise and rehabilitation plans, which plays a major factor in a successful long-term outcome.
This course is suitable for:
Health care and fitness professionals such as:
- Sports Therapists
Remedial Massage Therapists
Duration: 14 Hours of high quality practical CPD that you can incorporate into your practice the very next day!
CLICK REGISTER + BOOK EARLY TO SAVE $$$
Super Early Bird pricing ends: 10 weeks before course. SAVE 15%
Early Bird pricing ends: 6 weeks before course. SAVE 10%
Money Back Guarantee!
If within 14 days of completing any of our revolutionary courses, you don’t find improvement in the way that you manage your patients or clients and do not achieve results with those who you work with, we will give you your money back. That’s how confident we are in our courses, the MAT and the Functional Movement Group approach!*
Do I get a M.A.T when I attend the course?
Of course! You get a MAT for FREE when you attend your first Functional Movement Group course.
What are the course start and finish times?
The course runs from 9am to 4pm on each day.
Can I claim CPD points?
Yes. You can claim up to 14 CPD hours by attending both courses. We have accreditation with most professionally recognised bodies.
Is this course evidence based?
Absolutely! In fact each course we run we modify to ensure it includes the latest, most up to date research.
Are large group or clinic discounts available?
Yes. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have a group of 4 or more. Group of 3 or less can book immediately on this page.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Parking available onsite or on-street nearby.
How can I get more information and contact the Functional Movement Group with any questions?
You can visit www.functionalmovementgroup.com, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call FMG Director Stephen King: +61 422 481 354.