Perineal Repair Following Birth
The theoretical knowledge underpinning perineal repair:
- Anatomy of the female pelvic floor
- Types and classification of perineal trauma
- Assessment of perineal trauma
- Perineal care following trauma
- Women centred care
- Practical skills including simulation on mannequins
- Suturing skills
Note: This Professional development day is aimed at midwives to provide the necessary theory and basic suturing knowledge. On-going supervision, consolidation and credentialing must be arranged with the participants own organisation in liaison with your manager.
A Zouki food voucher will be provided on the day.
Date and Time
Women’s Conference Centre, Ground Floor
Royal Women’s Hospital
Cnr Grattan St and Flemington Road
Parkville, VIC 3052