Actions and Detail Panel
Parent "Wellbeing" Interactive Workshops TERM 2: 4-week series $120 pp per...
Mon., 15/05/2017, 7:00 pm – Mon., 05/06/2017, 8:30 pm AEST
This series of workshops has been specifically designed to support parents in their everyday experiences.
Each session focusses on one specific aspect of parenting and through discussion and interactive group work we will cover reasons and strategies on how we can strengthen our parenting skills around those themes - with the overall aim to increase our sense of wellbeing as a parent.
IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR PARENTING SKILLS ARE BEING CHALLENGED & YOU WOULD WELCOME SOME PEER & PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT TO HELP YOU FIND YOUR BALANCE AGAIN - THESE SESSIONS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU !!
We will come together in an atmosphere of openness and confidentiality.
This session is open to (grand)parents and carers of all ages, genders and cultures.
Rainbows and Owls wants to promote an INCLUSIVE and DIVERSE practice in all their sessions, therapies, events and workshops for ALL participants.
PARENT "WELLBEING" - Interactive Workshops 4 sessions
This is a series of 4 sessions which will all revolve around different themes.
- The Art of Emotional Regulation - an introduction - 15/05/2017
- The Power of Being Present - about spending quality time with your kids - 22/05/2017
- Sitting Back and Observing - valuable parenting tools - 29/05/2017
- Achieving and Maintaining Change - about routines, expectations and consistency - 05/06/2017
We will be using a variety of techniques and tools to explore these themes together.
We will also think about how what we talked about and learnt can be applied in our own home real-life situations.
Expect to be at ease, have fun and at the same time challenge yourself to look beyond your own experiences.
This is an overview of some of the many skill areas we will be working on in this 4-week series:
- Exploring & defining your own sense of Wellbeing as a parent
- Exploring how your sense of wellbeing influences your family and vice versa
- Exploring a challenge and possible ways to resolve the issue from different viewpoints
- Create an Awareness of the different roles you take on in your current life
- Calming and Regulating techniques and strategies to increase your sense of wellbeing
- General Problem Solving Skills
- Generating Change and Maintaining it
- Understanding why Change can be so difficult to achieve
- General Parenting Skills
- Learning about why Wellbeing Matters
- Expressing opinions in a Respectful manner whilest considering Confidentiality
You can book tickets per session. There are 8 tickets available per session. Book a ticket by clicking on your desired date and filling out your details.
A series of 4 x 1.5 hour session costs $120.00 (+ $6.39 booking fee) and needs to be paid upon booking.
We can offer Medicare Rebate options when you have a Mental Health Plan - conditions apply - contact Soetkin if you think you could be eligible.
Price includes use of materials & tools + handouts with info on how you can practice these skills at home for each session.
Booking a spot for the sessions implies that you commit to attending the session promply and in a timely manner, especially seeing that you will be part of a group.
There are no refunds available once payment has been made. In case you have turned ill and have missed 1 or more sessions due to illness (medical certificate), in agreement with Rainbows and Owls, there can be an option to transfer the unattended sessions to a later date, when the series is offered again at a later time.
If you have missed out on booking a spot for these sessions, you can still express your interest and you will be contacted once another series will be planned.
For schools and services that are interested in these sessions - Yes! We can offer these series or one that is tailored to your clients' / students' specific needs at your school or service!
For questions and info, please contact Soetkin Beerten - Occupational Therapist on:
(m) 0476 559 020