San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
OrganiseUs Digital Intensive is designed to help grow the number of people with the skills, passion and confidence needed to change the world for good.
OrganiseUs Digital Intensive is a five-day intensive training program in digital organising skills, running in Melbourne from February 27-3 March, 2017
It's for early-career campaigners, or campaigners with more experience looking to broaden their digital skills.
This is a hands-on, fun, fail-safe learning environment with a twist. You'll put what you learn into immediate action, running a mock digital campaign scenario throughout the week.
What You Will Learn
- Creating winning campaigns: strategy, tactics and analysing power.
- Telling compelling stories: excellent email, strategic social media and testing assumptions.
- Making media: pitching, writing, reactive and making news.
- Digital organising: designing and building websites, action pages, data lists, running email campaigns and basic HTML.
- Community organising: organising strategy, creating community and tool integration.
- Fundraising: rapid response, appeals and cross-channel moneymaking.
The OrganiseUs Digital Intensive training curriculum has been compiled by Australia's best trainers, organisers and campaigners, in collaboration with the former New Organizing Institute in Washington, DC and Campaign Bootcamp in London.
Thanks to our technology sponsor NationBuilder, we will be running OrganiseUs Digital Intensive using NationBuilder's community organising platform and offering hands-on training across the tools.
Who You Will Learn From
You will be trained by the best digital strategists, campaigners and organisers from across Australia, the US and UK. Our full list of trainers is yet to be announced. Past trainers have included:
- Peter Wrinch - Peter is Director of Politics and Advocacy for Canada and the Pacific at NationBuilder. Previously, Peter was Executive Director at Pivot Legal Society, an organisation using law to address the root causes of poverty and social exclusion. Peter is an international speaker on organising, fundraising and technology.
- Beth Becker - Beth is a Senior Fellow at the New Leaders Council, training in digital strategy to US House campaigns, non-profits and unions. Beth was one of the formers New Organizing Institute's most experienced digital bootcamp trainers and has led our training across social media strategy.
- Mike Moschella - Mike is Vice President for Innovation and Director of Analytics at DKC News. He co-founded the New Leaders Council and Organizing.Center, where he provided practical organising tools and training to campaigns and non-profits.
- Suzy Compton - Suzy is Campaign Director at Greenpeace Australia Pacific, and was formerly campaign manager at 38 Degrees in the UK. Suzy was a trainer at Campaign Bootcamp.
- Tabatha Fulker - Tabatha is Executive Director at OrganiseUs and previously established and managed the digital engagement team at the Australian Conservation Foundation. Tabatha has over 18 years' experience developing media, communication and engagement strategies for media organisations and progressive non-profits, and over seven years as a daily newsroom journalist.
- Aaron Lamb - Aaron is Head of Digital at Oxfam Australia. He loves analytics and uses the digital dark arts to make money for good. Aaron has led our training across digital fundraising.
- Jessica Kendall - Jess is a Senior Communications Advisor at Essential Media Communications where she works across media, PR and strategic communications for government, unions and NGOs.
$1000 + GST (training, morning/afternoon tea and lunch included).
Tickets are strictly limited. If you work or volunteer for a non-profit, political party, campaign, union, B-corp, social enterprise, campaign or business then purchase your ticket today.
If you're working on a localised, marginalised or community campaign, are an Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander campaigner, or you work for a non-profit with an annual turnover of less than $1 million and would like to attend, we have a great range of scholarships!
What To Bring
OrganiseUs Digital Intensive requires a sense of adventure, a collaborative spirit, your own laptop, refillable water bottle, notebook and pen.
You will be need to be at the Abbottsford Convent at 8.30am for a 9am start each morning and until at least 6pm each evening. A full itinerary will be provided closer to the date.
Accommodation is not included, but we can suggest affordable options nearby.
Places at OrganiseUs Digital Intensive are strictly limited and highly competitive, so get in quick! Want to know more? View our picture gallery of a past Intensive.
When & Where
OrganiseUs is a creative studio for social good. We are communication, campaign, digital, data and design specialists. We craft creative solutions and share our skills, and run a world-class training programs across digital strategy, tools, data management, design and organising.