Actions and Detail Panel
Organic gardening for beginners
Sat., 29/04/2017, 9:00 am – Sun., 30/04/2017, 3:30 pm AEST
*** THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT **
Starting to grow your own vegetables can be daunting if you don't have much gardening experience. This workshop is aimed at the absolute beginner gardener.
This course will run over two days. We will cover all the basics you need to know to start growing your own vegetables at home without chemicals. It will be a mix of theory and hands on activities. Suitable for those with little to no gardening knowledge.You will learn about:
- Planning your vegetable garden
- What to grow and when
- The importance of good soil and how we can ensure we have it.
- Small space and container gardening
- Propagation from seed
- Compost, manure and soil additives and worms!
- Crop rotation
- Avoiding pests and diseases the natural way.
This is a free workshop for Blacktown City residents. Places are limited and bookings are essential. So make sure you book early so you don't miss out.