Actions and Detail Panel
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Ultrasound for Emergency, Point of Care and Alli...
This is a 2 day intensive “hands on” training program that is designed for Emergency Practitioners and trainees,Remote and Rural practitioners and nurses with little or no previous ultrasound experience. The course will be delivered by medical educationalists and ultrasound experts ensuring a collaborative and supportive learning environment. A variety of high quality equipment is used in conjunction with scanning models and phantoms, ensuring the consolidation of practical scanning.
The course will cover the theoretical and practical CCPU and CAHPU units for Basic Gynaecology, Basic Early and Advanced Early Pregnancy . If applicants wish to apply for CCPU or CAHPU please contact ASUM .
On completion of this course the participant will:
In the event the applicant has not completed their ASUM Physics course, a 90 minute session on physics, artifacts and image optimization will be held to ensure an adequate understanding.
Recognise and describe the normal and abnormal ultrasound anatomy of the uterus, ovaries and adnexae.
Describe and perform the transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound examinations of the female pelvis and first trimester pregnancy.
Recognise common abnormalities of the female pelvis and first trimester pregnancy in the acute clinical environment.
Optimise the imaging parameters, transducer and patient to produce a diagnostic ultrasound image.
Have the clinical knowledge and ultrasound skills to be able to make appropriate management decisions.
Understand the limitations and pitfalls of performing an ultrasound examination of the female pelvis and early pregnancy
The curriculum includes:
▪ Basic physics, artifacts and image optimisation
▪ Scanning techniques, Physical Principles and Safety
▪ Anatomy and physiology and pathology of the female pelvis
▪ Transabdominal and transvaginal female pelvic scan techniques
▪ Imaging and scanning techniques of the normal/abnormal female pelvis
▪ Imaging of early Pregnancy including (viability, bleeding, pelvic pain and ectopic pregnancy)
▪ Imaging and documentation protocols for the female pelvis and early pregnancy
▪ Patient management in the clinical situation
▪ Limitations and pitfalls of basic gynaecological and early pregnancy ultrasound
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers:As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.