This two day intensive, hands-on obstetric ultrasound course is designed for sonographers experienced in the concepts of ultrasound scanning.
The course aims to take the attendee through the foetal morphology scan and foetal growth and wellbeing
The latest techniques and requirements for the 2nd trimester Morphology Ultrasound. The course will cover both normal and abnormal fetal anatomy, fetal measurement, documentation, fetal wellbeing, the cervix, placenta and image acquisition, instilling effective scanning techniques, methodology and protocols.
The third trimester section will cover and assess fetal wellbeing, fetal weight, fetal Doppler and placental position, instilling effective scanning techniques, methodology and protocols. Applications and techniques for trans vaginal and trans labial scanning will be discussed and demonstrated.
The practical hands-on sessions are conducted by ASMI’s highly qualified obstetric sonographers and the small group structure ensures a collaborative and supportive learning environment, utilizing a mix of didactic lectures, demonstrations and scanning tuition.
Upon completion of this course participants should look to have an improved understanding of scan techniques, imaging and documentation protocols for:
- A morphology assessment for the 2nd Trimester fetus.
- Monitoring the fetus in the 3 rd Trimester and Biophysical profile
- The cervix and placental position assessment and measurement
- System presets, artifacts and calculation package/reports
- Physics of Colour and Spectral Doppler in Obstetrics
- 3D/4D image acquisition
- Fetal biometry, measurements and documentation
- Fetal anatomy
- Fetal malformations
- Soft markers
- The normal and abnormal heart
- Fetal heart image acquisition and scan techniques
- Placental assessment and position
- Assessment and measurement of the cervix
- M mode
- BhCG levels
- Normal and abnormal fetal anatomy for 2nd and 3rd Trimester
- Introduction to Nuchal translucency
- Nasal bone
- 3rd Trimester Fetal biometry
- Ductus venosus
- Tricuspid regurgitation
- Materno-fetal circulation
- Doppler techniques and measurements
- 3D/4D image acquisition; and
- Placental and cervical assessment
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers: As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.