NTEU NSW Division monthly delegate training
Workplace delegates are the important factor in the NTEU being a strong, effective and growing union. A delegate presence in every work area is crucial to the members protecting their rights, having a say in how their work is organised, having a voice in change to the sector, and are the key to the unions’ future. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming session.
This session is for you if:
- You’ve recently become the NTEU delegate and want to learn about the role and be equipped with frameworks to help you.
- You’ve been a delegate or on a branch committee for a period of time but have never received any formal guidance or training in your role.
What will it cover?
This session will cover:
- What is an organised workplace? The role of the NTEU delegate.
- Structured organising conversations.
- Handling an issue in your workplace: initial steps.
- Where you can go for support and information.
Are you in a regional branch?
For members in regional branches who can't attend the Sydney-based traning - we're very keen to organise similar sessions to be delivered on an “on demand” basis. Please contact your Branch if you'd like to get involved.