Actions and Detail Panel
Now and Next Program- Saturday
Sat., 22/10/2016, 1:00 pm – Sat., 10/12/2016, 3:30 pm AEDT
The program is for families in the Inner West and South East Sydney areas and is funded by NSW Family and Community Services, Ageing, Disability and Homecare.
Now and Next Group Program
The Now and Next program at Plumtree helps parents and carers develop skills to achieve positive outcomes for their child and family. Children with a disability or developmental delay require additional support. As the NDIS is centred on positive outcomes, the skills you learn in the program are valuable for the new system. They will also benefit your child and family’s wellbeing.
Set, plan and document goals
The innovative program involves eight two-hour sessions held once a week at Plumtree, starting mid-October. Through fun and engaging activities, you will learn how to:
- Identify goals that help your child and family in daily life, and develop plans to achieve them.
- Creatively use some individual funding provided in the program to help meet goals.
- Use an iPad to create a personalised e-book that documents your plans and holds photos, videos and audio celebrating your child and family’s achievements now and into the future. This fun, living document can be shared with friends or teachers, and replaces reports that are usually filed away and rarely used. Loan iPads are available if required.
Build a circle of support
Past participants greatly value the group setting that brings together families raising children with a disability. A first of its kind in Australia, this evidence-based program:
- Provides an environment where parents can openly share their stories
- Builds new relationships and a circle of support
- Enables families to learn new strategies and ideas from each other
- Empowers and inspires participants
Monday evenings 6pm-8:30pm from October 17th to December 5th (17/10, 24/10, 31/10, 7/11, 14/11, 21/11, 28/11 5/12). No childcare for evening groups
Saturday afternoons 1pm-2:30 from October 22nd to December 10th (22/10, 29/10, 5/11, 12/11, 19/11, 26/11, 3/12, 10/12). Childcare will be available for the Saturday group only.
Register to express your interest early as spaces are limited. A staff member will phone you to discuss the course further and finalise your registration.
More groups will be run in 2017.
For more information, contact Mana on 9572 8840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org