Actions and Detail Panel
Now and Next- 8 Weeks Program; Saturday afternoon sessions- 1pm to 3.30pm-...
Sat., 29/04/2017, 1:00 pm – Sat., 24/06/2017, 3:30 pm AEST
The Now and Next group program at Plumtree helps parents and carers develop skills to achieve positive outcomes for their child, family and self. Participants choose outcomes and work towards them with new clarity and purpose. Now and Next is family centred, based on strengths and takes account of how adults like to learn.
As the NDIS is centred on positive outcomes, the skills you learn in the program are valuable for the new system. A six step process will help you to be ‘first plan ready’.
Set, plan and document goals
The innovative program involves eight 2.5 hour sessions held once a week at Plumtree. Through fun and engaging activities, you will learn how to:
- Identify goals for your child, family and self and, importantly, work through a ‘goal to action’ plan – all of this in ways you haven’t tried before!
- Reflect on what you are achieving, for example by using a unique mindfulness colouring book.
- Use an iPad to create a personalised e-book that documents your goals and plans. We show you how to take and store photos, video and audio, celebrating your child and family’s achievements now and into the future. You can also store reports, keeping everything together to be accessible when needed. This fun, living document can be shared with friends or teachers and other professionals. Loan iPads are available if required.
Build a network of support
Past participants have greatly valued the group setting that brings together families raising children with a disability. A first of its kind in Australia, this parent led, evidence-based program:
- Provides a safe environment where parents can openly share their stories
- Builds new relationships and a network of support
- Enables families to learn about new strategies and ideas from each other
- Empowers and inspires participants to “get in the driver’s seat” and take charge of your journey.
Saturday afternoons: weekly from 29th April to 24th June, 1.00pm - 3.30pm: Childcare available
Monday evenings: weekly from 1st May to 26th June, 6.00pm – 8.30pm: Childcare NOT available
Tuesday mornings: weekly from 2nd May to 20th June, 9.45am – 12.15pm: Childcare available for five children only. Please apply for childcare only if you can’t make any other arrangement for your children.
Families need to commit to attend all 8 sessions.
We have run a group for Vietnamese speaking families, and hope to extend this to other languages in future. For now, we have some capacity to offer a one-on-one Now and Next program for families who require an interpreter.
For more information, please contact Stacey on email@example.com
The program is for families in the Inner West and South East Sydney areas and is funded by NSW Family and Community Services, Ageing, Disability and Homecare
Place your expression of interest through Eventbrite, you will then be contacted by a staff member to discuss this course further and confirm your attendance.
You’re receiving this email because you have enrolled with Plumtree or subscribed to our mailing list. If you’d like to be removed from our mailing list, please click UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of this page