The 2016 Northern Rivers Economic Forum brings together regional business, industry, and local leaders for a morning of idea-sharing and networking around the trends and stories that highlight local issues in the Northern Rivers area.
Designed for local government leaders, economic development professionals, and the business community, the event gives attendees the opportunity to learn more about the region through a variety of industry perspectives and meet other professionals dealing with common issues.
The Northern Rivers Economic Forum 2016 is brought to you by .id - the population experts and RDA Northern Rivers.
8:45am Arrive and registration
9:00am Opening address from RDA Northern Rivers CEO Alex Smith
9:05am Population and job trends affecting growth in the region.
- Ryan James - Analyst, .id - the population experts
9:35am Growing a coffee distribution business based in the Clarence Valley.
- Danny Young - Founder/Owner Botero Coffee
10:00am Snapshot of the current status of Agriculture in the region, key issues and future direction.
- Rik Whitehead - Regional Director North Coast, Communication & Engagement, NSW Department of Industry
10:30am Break - Light refreshments and networking
10:45am Snapshot of the Creative Industry sector in the Northern Rivers.
- Ajay McFadden - Director, Urban Mind, Arts & Entertainment Consultancy
11:15 am Jobs and programs to help business in the region.
- Craig Jenkins - Business Development Manager, Office of Regional Development
11:45am Professional services based in the Northern Rivers.
- Campbell Korff - Principal, Yellow Brick Road
12:10pm Concluding remarks
- Ivan Motley - .id - the population experts
12:15pm Wrap up - Light refreshments and networking