No-Bell Prize and End of Year Party
Communicating science is tricky. We tend to get a lot of information from celebrities, politicians, and the media – but not necessarily directly from scientists. How do we navigate this complex landscape? How do we, as consumers, filter through his information and decide for ourselves what is important and true?
Join our MC Dr Shane Huntington as we explore how difficult is it for academics and research higher degree students to speak in layperson’s terms when describing their research.
This year, we are adding in a few extra segments to challenge our brave contestants even further. Watch on as our brightest academics go up against the bell in a fast-paced competition to crown the 'No-bell' prize!
Join us for an end of year cocktail party following the crowning of the No-Bell Prize! There will be music, bubbles and end of year joy!
- Professor Mark Hargreaves, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Partnerships & External Relations) and Chair of the MNI Advisory Board
- Professor Sarah Wilson, Director of the Music, Mind and Wellbeing initiative
- Mr Christopher Jones, Head, Elizabeth Blackburn School of Science and Assistant Principal, University High School
- Professor Danny Hoyer, Head Of Department And Chair Of Pharmacology, Pharmacology And Therapeutics
- Associate Professor Justin Rubio, Department of Pathology, University of Melbourne
- Professor Allison McKendrick, Head of Department, Optometry & Vision Sciences
- Dr Junhua Xiao, Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience
- Professor Seong-Seng Tan, Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience and Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
2015 winner and judges!