Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Short course: 10.3 km +/- 360 mtrs OR Long course: 17.3 km +/- 690 mtrs
This race in the series gives you one more opportunity for scenic views. This course lets you enjoy many single track sections, interspersed with some wide tracks to allow easy passing opportunities. A short climb from the start will separate the group well before the single track sections start. After a second and steeper climb (with requisite false summits), you will enjoy some undulating track before descending to the single track. This section has both rocks and roots, so you can unleash your inner steinbock (that's alpine ibex for the non-Swiss). At about 4.5km, the long and short courses diverge, so the long runners can go have more fun and see some different pretty valleys. This adds a nice, healthy 7km for long course runners. Then they return to the point where they diverged and carry on with the same course as the shorter distance runners.
After another short single track section, it's back to the wider tracks before another short, steep descent over what will surely be a dry brook. Continue on past Lesmurdie Falls, where you can work your imagination, picturing how amazing they will look with water cascading down five months from now.
Courses will be well flagged - and marshalled at a few key intersections. We will do our best to keep you on course, but it is your responsibility to keep aware of the flagging.
1. Is this the only info I receive?: No. We send out a PRERACE BRIEF, that has all the essential information. Directions to event, times for briefing/presentations, aid station, etc. This comes out Tuesday evening after registration closes. (REGISTRATION ALWAYS CLOSES TUESDAY PRIOR TO THE EVENT...unless sold out beforehand)
2. Mandatory Gear: We recommend to bring a minimum of 500ml water. This can be in a handheld bottle, or a running pack. We'll check you've got it at registration.
3. Is my registration/ticket transferrable or can I get a refund?: No. Your registration has all your information-phone number, emergency contacts, and medical conditions. Also your email, which we use to send out that pre-race brief.
4. What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?: We really encourage you to try and ride share. Besides being a great way to meet other trail runners, it makes sure we can all have a spot to park. We've got limited space in all the national parks that we run in, so please, please, please, share a ride :)
5. What's the best way to contact the organiser with any questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org