Actions and Detail Panel
National Families Week Celebrations
Fri. 19 May 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm AEST
Celebrate National Families Week with a range of FREE activities
- Playnasium by YMCA - ALL DAY
- Bike and Blend smoothie making - ALL DAY
- Tiny Tots Storytime by Boroondara Libraries (10.30am)
- Building Happy Healthy Kids by Access Health and Community (2pm to 3pm)* - Help your children build body confidence so they can learn, play and grow and develop to their full potential. As a parent you can do a lot to help your children:
- Enjoy happy healthy mealtimes (now and forever)
- Feel positive about their bodies and maintain positive body image (now and forever)
- Never feel the need to ‘go on a restrictive diet’ ever
- Enjoy being active as they grow up
Karen Lovell is a paediatric dietitian who will guide you through the steps to create a positive and happy environment for your children to thrive in. The younger we start the more successful it will be!
And what about something for you? Enjoy some mindful eating practice and learn more about the ‘non diet approach’, it really works
- Lego workshop by Young Engineers (3.50pm to 5pm)* - Are you ready for Lego Challenge? Explore Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) while building motorized Lego models! Young Engineers’ Lego Challenge Workshop is for boys and girls aged 6 to 10. The workshop is educational and entertaining, guaranteed to give your child a thoroughly enjoyable and fulfilling experience. All materials are provided. Please note: Lego models are for use during the workshop and are not to take home.
When: Friday 19 May 2017, 9am - 5pm
Where: Camberwell Civic Precinct, 340 Camberwell Road, Camberwell
*Bookings are essential for the Nutrition talk and Lego workshop.