San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
ASMI’s small group two-day intensive workshop designed is specifically for Sports, Rehabilitation and Pain Physicians and other clinicians who perform diagnostic MSK ultrasound investigations and associated MSK ultrasound guided interventions. The emphasis is on developing practical diagnostic scanning techniques, navigation skills and an understanding of normal and pathological sonographic patterns and appearances. The application of these diagnostic findings will achieve a wide range of safe, accurate and effective MSK ultrasound guided intervention outcomes.
The small group structure ensures a collaborative and supportive learning environment utilising a mixture of didactic lecture tuition and real-time scanning techniques. High quality equipment is used in conjunction with scanning models, ensuring the consolidation of practical scanning skills.
- Basic Physics, ultrasound artifacts and instrumentation
- Probe manipulations techniques
- Image optimisation and documentation
- Sonographic appearances and grading of enthesopathy, tendinopathy, ligament tears and muscle injury
- Apperance of bone fractures
- We will also cover sonographic technique and image interpretation of the following areas and associated nerves:
- Ultrasound guided needle placement techniques utilising a range of phantom objects
- Tuition on a comprehensive range of upper and lower limb ultrasound guided MSK interventional procedures
Objectives: On completion of the course participants are expected to have:
- A Basic knowledge of ultrasound physics , artifacts and intrumentation
- Have the knowledge and skill to perform a basic diagnostic MSK ultrasound
- Be able to recognise common appearances of MSK pathology on ultrasound
- Understand the limitations of ultrasound in diagnosis soft tissue injuries
- Understand the complications in the normal healing process including fibrosis, calcification, infection and non-healing
- Understand disease processes of enthesopathy and tendonopathy
- Use ultrasound to assist their diagnosis
- Understand sonographic soft tissue injury grading and return to sport
- Recognise potential complications of rehabilitation
- Improved scanning skills and interventional techniques
This course is CCPU accredited. Registrants requiring CCPU accreditation should contact ASUM www.asum.com.au
Save This Event
When & Where
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOL OF MEDICAL IMAGING
The ASMI campus is located on the 6th Floor of the Avanti Commercial suite
building at 1 C Burdett St , Hornsby. The Avanti buildings are very close to the Hornsby Railway station and almost adjacent to the intersection of Burdett and
George streets Hornsby.
Accessing the ASMI office
The main entrance when walking to the campus is from Burdett Street.
• At the main entry there
is a security pad on the
left hand side of the
• Enter 616 and press the
‘bell’ icon (this will ring
at the ASMI office and seminar room
allowing the doors to be
opened and allow lift
Use the lift on the right hand side and proceed to level 6.
Follow the corridor to the back. The ASMI 616 Suite is located on your right.