Actions and Detail Panel
Mt Stirling Winter Fat Bike Hire 2016
- All bookings are to be made and paid for online.
- Bikes must be booked and paid for by 4:00pm on the Friday prior to renting. No on the day bookings allowed.
- Winter Fat Biking is available on Saturday & Sunday only at Telephone Box Junction, Mt Stirling, if conditions permit.
- There are a very limited number of hire bikes available, 1 x Junior sized 24"bike, and 4 x Adult sized 26"bikes (1 Small, 2 Medium and 1 Large).
- Fat Biking at Mt Stirling is suitable for intermediate riders or better, and riders should have good knowledge and competency to operate a multi speed bicycle. This activity is NOT suitable for beginners.
- Bike hire is for bike only, clients will need to bring their own helmet, gloves, & riding shoes.
- Clients should dress appropriately for an alpine experience. – Some good suggested items include:
- Waterproof shoes and gaiters.
- Ski gloves, not too heavy but not too light.
- Layer up for the cold, avoid thick bulky layers, choose thin thermal layers that can be removed to regulate body temperature
- Clients are to collect rental bikes from Telephone Box Junction between 9:00am and 9:30am, from Mt Stirling Ski Patrol.
- Clients are only to operate the Fat Bikes on trails designated suitable for Fat Bike use from Telephone Box Junction, pre-determined by the Mt Stirling Ski Patrol staff.
- Fat Biking will only operate if conditions permit. Clients should first check the Mt Stirling website for up to date Fat Biking availability and conditions. If further information is required please contact Mt Stirling Ski Patrol on 03 5777 6532.
When riding at Mt Stirling in Winter please follow the IMBA Winter Fat Bike Best Practices:
- Only ride at ski areas that allow and encourage biking
- Give way to ALL OTHER USERS when riding
- Ride on the firmest part of the track
- DO NOT RIDE on or in classic (set) tracks
- Leave room for other users to pass (don’t ride side to side)
- Allow the track time to set up after grooming and before riding
- Respect alternate use days for bikers and skiers (where applicable)
- Some areas require riding only a purpose built fat bike, not any mountain bike. Minimum tyre tread widths may be set.
- Be an ambassador of the sport: stay polite, educate, discourage bad behavior, follow the rules
- Consider donating money for snow grooming
- Be prepared: be self-sufficient
Terms & Conditions
The Mt Buller & Mt Stirling Resort Management (RMB) rents bicycles (Rental Bikes) to its clients (Client) on the following terms:
Travel Insurance: It is the responsibility of Clients to hold their own travel insurance policy to cover personal medical care in case of accident, loss due to cancellation, and any third party liability that may arise from the use of the Rental Bikes by Clients.
Condition of Rental Bicycle: RMB confirms that an experienced bike mechanic, prior to renting, reviews each Rental Bike. Each Rental Bike is prepped for rental and supplied to Clients in properly operating condition, and is ready to ride.
For the duration of the hire RMB will maintain the Rental Bike in a properly operating condition.
Obligations of Clients: It is the Clients responsibility to:
- Operate the Rental Bike in a manner appropriate to prevailing trail and weather conditions;
- Wear a helmet and other protective clothing;
- Know the relevant rules of the trail and practice safe cycling; and
- Know how to operate a multi speed bike.
- Only ride on designated trails within the Mt Stirling Resort
Theft of and Damage to Rental Bikes: Except as otherwise specifically provided for in this clause, the Client agrees to be solely responsible for the safe care, custody and operation of the Rental Bike and will indemnity and hold harmless (“Indemnify”) RMB for:
- Any damage to and the costs associated with repairing the Rental Bike fair wear and tear excepted (including but not limited to all labour, replacement parts, repainting and any other work necessary to restore the Rental Bike to as new condition) during the Rental Period, whether or not caused by the Client, to the maximum of the market value of the Rental Bike as reasonably determined by the RMB.
- In the event of theft, the Rental Bike being un-repairable, or the anticipated costs associated with repair exceeding the market value, the market value of the Rental Bike as reasonably determined by the RMB would be charged to the Client.
Waiver: Clients acknowledge and agree that RMB maintains no control over the operation of the Rental Bikes by Clients. RMB assumes no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any personal injury, property damage, third party liability or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of;
- Any wrongful, negligent or accidental acts or omissions on the part of the Client or the Client’s agents;
- Any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment or instrumentality owned, operated or otherwise used by the Client
- Any wrongful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under the control, direct or otherwise, of RMB.
Clients hereby release RMB and its agents and employees from and against any and all liability arising during the rental period. Clients acknowledge that they are aware of the risks involved with cycling including but not limited to physical exertion, forces of nature, accidents, travel via any mode of transport, adequacy of medical facilities, or negligence (other than wilful or fraudulent) on the part of employees, agents or others of RMB.
Clients agree to be responsible for their own welfare, and accept any and all risk associated with the activities they undertake. Clients agree that the terms herein are binding on them, their family members, heirs, successors, assigns, dependents and/or minors accompanying them, and their legal representatives.
Clients acknowledge and agree that RMB and its agents have the right to refuse participation by any person judged incapable of activities, and for not executing this document or other required documentation. Any dispute arising out of these matters whatsoever, shall be resolved in binding arbitration/adjudication under the laws of the country of Australia. Any part of this document found to be void or unenforceable shall not negate the enforcement of the remainder.
Cancellation terms: The rental may be cancelled up to 2 days prior to the rental period with 100% refundable.
Equipment Supplied: each rental bike is rented as a bike only fitted with flat pedals. Clients may supply items such as, water bottles and tools kits for fitting to the Rental Bikes. RMB is not responsible for the any loss of or damage to client supplied equipment howsoever occasioned.
Helmets: Helmets are not included.
Gloves: Gloves are not included
Clients agree to wear helmets at all times when riding Rental Bikes.
Mt Stirling Ski Patrol Office
Telephone Box Junction
Mount Stirling, VIC 3723