Actions and Detail Panel
Morgan to Overland Corner area community evening - NRM
Thu. 20 October 2016, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm ACDT
Natural Resources South Australian Murray-Darling Basin (SAMDB) and Riverland West Landcare welcome all members of the community within the Morgan to Overland Corner area to attend a free, informal and fun community evening. Children are welcome to attend and the event will be catered.
Come and meet Natural Resources SAMDB staff from the region and talk to them about the work we are undertaking in the area.
What’s happening on the night?
There will be a range of presentations and staff available to keep you informed:
- Energy auditing expert Nick Bullock from NBA Consulting will talk about the results of collaborative electricity use auditing in the irrigation in the Riverland with Natural Resources SAMDB
- Irrigation officer Brenton Fenwick will talk about the new Commonwealth On Farm Further Irrigation Efficiency Program (COFFIE)
- Sustainable Agriculture field officer Jeremy Nelson will talk about what landholders are seeing as the biggest NRM issues through surveying
- Wetland Ecologist Callie Nickolai will be on hand to give a short update on the health of local wetlands and the impact of environmental water
- District Officer Lauren Burdett will be on hand to answer questions around pest plants and animals
This project is supported by the South Australian Murray-Darling Basin Natural Resource Management Board through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.